Pioneer for Brera - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 22-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Pioneer for Brera

Hey guys, i was checking the site for any info on this, but couldnt find what i wanted. So i thought i'd ask myself.

I was wondering if any of you guys have fitted either a Pioneer AVIC-F910BT or an AVIC-F920BT

May be a silly question, but i'd like to know what the main differences are, and if its worth going for the latter, more expensive one?

Also if there is a noticable difference in sound quality? I dont know much about sound systems, but ive heard the headunit can change the quality or something?

Thanks for any enlightenment...

AVIC-F920BT Navigation Multimedia System with 3D Interface (2010 Model) - Pioneer Sat Nav - GPS

AVIC-F910BT Navigation DVD AV System (2009 Model) - Pioneer Sat Nav - GPS
Sponsored Links
Try in the ICE lounge, dude.

The Brera's problem is the standard mid range speakers in the back.

Look at changing the speaker would be my advice.
AO Member
County: Brasov

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm Q4

There are lots of people that have f700/900/910 fitted in here.
It's a decent unit, a bit slow and the quality is a bit crap - that's what I say, there are others here that say it's great, but I guess it depends about the rest of the system.
Anyway, get the f910 cause it can be modded, something that's impossible to do with the f920. For the mods check - the features they bring to the unit are simply awesome.
The f920 has some new shiny music features like Pandora internet radio, but that requires an Iphone connected to the internet.
If I'd to chose again, I'd go for f710 for three main reasons: it's cheaper, trim finish fits better the 159/brera dash, and the only difference between f710 and f910 is the DVD drive (which single use is if you watch movies in your car ). With the money saved you could get better speakers or a subwoofer (iirc you don't have bose).

Last edited by toshy; 23-06-10 at 00:05.
AO Member
County: Greater London
Essentially, what he said ^^^

I've had experience with both the F900 and F920. AFAIK the F910 is just slightly updated from the F900, but the F920 has very different hardwarde and firmware to them both.

My F900 went walkabout (see my older thread), and the F920 replaces it. The sound is definitely clearer with less noise and better staging, and the interface much slicker and quicker - it is a notable upgrade to the previous F-series models, but as Toshy says, you cannot customise (a real plus in prior models).

However, you should get a great deal on an F910 now (prob half the price of the F920)

For what its worth I have upgraded the door speakers and have installed a compact Focal sub. If you're on a budget and want to dramatically improve the sound I suggest a speaker upgrade first, and disconnect/fade-out the rear mid-range drivers.

Mod: Move thread to ICE section?
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

Brera S

Interested in changing mine too.

I currently have the Alfa sat nav/phone system that seems to have a lot of the car's menu options on there instead of on the dash menu.

If I take it out, will the menu items automatically go back to the dash if I change the head unit to a non Alfa one. Or is something cleverer required?
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 23-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Thanks for your help guys, i think im going to go for the 920, seems the best option for me, not really fussed about the mods etc.

I was looking for a way to plug my ipod into the car, and i also wanted a sat nav, and so i begun looking at these systems. The extra sound quality is just a plus that i was hoping for.

Thanks again for your help.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , pioneer