This will make you laugh............ - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Rutland

Member car:

159 Sportwagon

This will make you laugh............

Travelling to work this morning and after joining the M1 the car was running rough, struggling with power and generally not behaving. Oh dear, could this be my first problem in 18 months of trouble free motoring? Still I'll get to work and then worry about it. Wrong. It rapidly deteriorated. Right then hazards on across to the hard-shoulder and lets get the break-down truck here (at 5.30 am on a Sunday!) But first, lets lift the bonnet and knowingly gaze in! WHOOA!! That will be the problem then, a flat rear tyre. Relief - no serious problem and trepidation - haven't done a roadside wheel change for years. Fumble around in the back of the car which I only glanced at once 18 months ago and relief, its all there. But will I be able to get the wheel nuts off? Yes! Surprisingly, they came off fine. This is going well. Wrong. Wheel won't come off, must be welded to the hub! Needs a good thump but scared to knock the car off the flimsy jack. Have to get onto the mobile. Where are those Highway Patrol people when you need them? Hang on, whats that? A vehicle coming towards me on the hard-shoulder!
"Morning Sir, got a problem?"
"Can't get me wheel off"
"This should help" as he reveals a 4 foot crow bar.
Get the excuse of a wheel out the back, onto car, chuck stuff into car and even get to clean my hands with their lovely wipes and drive to work at a steady 50 mph arriving with seconds to spare!
So if you saw a black 159 SW at 5.30 am this morning on the M1 it was me and next time you convince yourself that your car is about to suffer a catastrophic and expensive break-down, check the tyres, you may just have a flat!
All the best
Sponsored Links
Skinny spares are annoying.

I'm still waiting for my full size one.
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
Skinny spares are annoying.

I'm still waiting for my full size one.
What's the dealer said Nev? Surely it can't take this long to get you a spare alloy??
AO Silver Member
County: Essex
thought you were going to say you hadn't got the locking wheel nut...Happy ending least it wasn't a cold winters morning with the rain beating down and all the spray from cars going by soaking you, freezing cold fingers struggling with the wheel wrench, and skinning your knuckles

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

laugh , make