Clutch? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Herefordshire

Member car:

3.2 Brera S

Couple of weeks ago I got in the car and couldn't find the clutch pedal. Realised it was flat against the floor and wasn't at all interested in returning to where it should be. Checked the forums and spent quite a while checking that a carpet wasn't in the way. I could get it in and out of gear with the engine off and also had a go at starting it with it in gear. This was OK but didn't fancy driving it 30 miles in 1st to the nearest dealer- but thought I might make it far enough to get an AA Relay. Anyway- later that day, the pedal did partly emerge from the floorwell but had as much life as a stick of soggy celery. But- managed to change gear so I booked it into a dealer and planned to set off early in the morning so that I could avoid traffic. After about 25 miles, the pedal suddenly (and it was sudden- it just popped out) returned to its normal position. Dealer thinks it could be master or slave cylinder but couldn't get fault to reappear. At the moment it feels normal. Chances of it failing next time I'm struggling through Birmingham city centre in the rush hour? Ideas?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider