July 06 build Brera 3.2 JTS Q4 - issues? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 31-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
July 06 build Brera 3.2 JTS Q4 - issues?

In addition to a Blue&Me specific post I've just posted in the ICE section, I'm just wondering if anyone has any direct experience over common issues/things to look out for on Breras of an '06 build?

I'm looking at one that is still under factory warranty and has very low mileage (despite its build date then), but I've noticed a few issues (in addition to the Blue&Me/bluetooth issue elsewhere).

Firstly, it's been quite rainy here over the weekend, and the Brera, which was parked in the open on the dealer's lot over the weekend flooded the luggage compartment with water when I opened the hatch. The water was sitting under the plastic finishing trim at the base of the hatchback's glass (inside obviously). I noticed that the right hand side C pillar trim was moist, and discoloured obviously through water staining. Also, there was evidence of moisture under the spare wheel.

Secondly, and this could obviously be tied up with the above, the driver's side tail light was misted up (i.e. evidence of moisture in it) - I recall reading somewhere this was a known issue with early build Breras?

As an aside, I've checked under the car/around the boot & spare wheel well and under the bonnet for evidence of crash repairs, and can't find anything obvious (I'm pretty anally retentive with these things) so if it has been involved in anything it has been very well patched up.

Anyone got anything relevant to the above, let me know! And I guess anything of a more general nature re these wee beasties! Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Zero water problems in my 06 Brera.

Rear lights misting is common in many makes.
I posted a thread on how DIY clear this.

Premature steering rack failure is probably the only
across the board issue on the Brera.
AO Silver Member
County: Armagh

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Mine is a July build and is perfect in every way so far.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , build , issues , jts , july