Crashed My Brera! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 24-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

Cry Like A Baby Crashed My Brera!

The other evening I was driving along a dual carriageway, minding my own business when a guy in a Merc decided to pull out in front of me as i went across a junction at green, and destroy my once immaculate Brera in an instant!

Luckily neither of us were injured beyond a bit of bruising, but I have to say that I can now fully agree with all those stories about the Brera/159 being built like a tank.
Looking at the state of the front end I was staggered that I was able to open the door and step out just a few seconds after the impact.

Upshot is that the recovery centre has suggested it beyond economical repair and the 3rd party (from France) has admitted being at fault.

Just to make things worse, only last month I spent over 800 on 4 new tyres, service and MOT and had filled up at a petrol station moments earlier

Add to that the accessories I've chucked on her over the past year (pedals, ipod lead, etc) and I'm currently more than a little peeved as I can't imagine the insurance paying out for things like this

Am now waiting for the insurance to confirm it has been written off and make me an offer, which hopefully wont take long as I've already been along to the local dealer and eyed up a gorgeous Misano Blue replacement, which will hopefully soon become Brera number 2
Sponsored Links
Admin Team
County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Sorry to hear this, hope it all works out OK for you. Glad to hear you're OK though - metal can be replaced, people can't.

Find out where the car is being kept and go along armed with the tools to remove all of your personal belongings. They're yours so you're entitled to keep them.
AO Platinum Member
County: -

As long as there were no injuries, thats the main thing.

As Bob states above, you should go a recover all your personal belongings inc the pedals, Ipod lead etc.

Hope your insurers pay out asap. You thinking of another Brera
County: Greater London

Member car:

sorry to hear that mate. Thank God no one was hurt.

Are you able to salvage those new tyres? Wonder if you could keep the car and ebay the unbroken parts...

But good to hear the Brera lived up to the 5 stars
and did it's job to protect you.
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
As everyboby says above really...Glad you're ok and nothing else is broken other than you're pride.

Good luck with a speedy Insurance pay out and hopefully you'll get that shiny missano blue Brera soon!
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 24-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

Thanks for the kind words guys, and the very useful advice about getting my accessories back

Its only just sinking in how much worse things could have been were it not for the sterling job the car did of protecting me.

I must admit I was initialy unsure wether I wanted to get another Brera, as its given me a fair share of problems throughout ownership.
Biggest problem IMO is there's still nothing to touch it for looks/desirability at that price.

Went to look at a Renaultsport Megane which ticked all the boxes but when I saw the Alfa afterwards it just felt right to stick with a Brera

Guess Ive got the bug
Glad you Okey Dokey and of course as many others have already should retrieve your kit from the previous brera. I know what you mean about finding another replacement that has the atmosphere and appeal of the Brera. I went from a Sooped-up Datsan back to the Brera because I really could not find anything even close to it in terms of price, performance, appeal and interior comfort as well as all the other Alfa-ness that many others out there simple lack.

How much are they asking for the brera you've got your eye on currently?
AO Silver Member
So sorry about the crash.

Very pleased to hear you may get a Misano Blue replacement, they are just so awesome to have and to look at, and quite rare to boot!
AO Member
Sorry to hear about this. Hope the insurance stuff is sorted out quickly and you can get yourself into that nice blue Brera soon...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , crashed