Accelera PHI Reviews - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
Accelera PHI Reviews

I know i'm not alone in having uneven tyre wear issues on my 159 TI....
Having seen that a number of people have tried the Accelera's I am interested to get some good honest feedback on their performance to date.
I know there are a few comments scattered around in various posts but i thought it would be useful to put all comments together in one place.

The most 'financially sensible' alternative seems to be 245/40/19 Falken/Kumho etc.

If you are running with these tyres, what is your honest appraisal?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands
Have run a set of Accelera 235/45/18s on the front of my 159 for a while now. I think I am upto 7K on this set.

Since then I have had a remap, so the tyres have been tried and tested for sure.

Quiet at motorway speeds. Wear seems perfectly acceptable, I had the 4 wheels aligned and the toe-in set to zero as soon as they went on.
Grip is great, wet or dry. When really pushed the side walls do show a bit of flex, but certainly nothing to alarm me.
They were even half decent in the snow this year.

Considering the cost options of the other makes, I am very happy with these tyres. If I bother to keep the car past this month I will be having another set for the rears without question.

Hope this helps.

Moved over to the dark side

And loving it
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM Ti

I have always bought Michelins on my previous cars but decided to give some cheaper tyres a go - I have had Acceleras on for about 4 weeks now and am pleased with them - I personally think they lose grip under heavy acceleration a little sooner than the Pirellis they replaced but this is marginal and I am not worried about it.

Handling wise they seem fine and they are not noisy at all.

Considering the price I think they are great and would definitely buy them again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

accelera , phi , reviews