EBC Yellowstuff Pads on Brera 2.4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire
EBC Yellowstuff Pads on Brera 2.4

It's time to change the pads after 43k Miles (not bad!). The discs look OK, but have a bit of wear, no pits or scores. The existing ones seem to fade when hot so I was thinking of having a little upgrade to EBC Yellowstuff (DP41540R). Has anyone had a go with these? Good/Bad? They seem good value.

It's a 07 2.4JTDM Brera. I do a lot of motorway driving, and some 'spirited' normal road use.

I thought about the more standard Redstuff ones, but they look like they take longer to bed in which would be bad for my part worn discs.

Any info appreciated.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 15-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire
I thought I'd have a gamble on these as it looked like no one else had tried them!

They were moderately easy to fit, although slightly too big for the caliper (due to yellow coating) and the leads for the brake wear sensors were far too long. All solved by a metal file, and some cable ties!

They bedded in very quickly onto my part worn Alfa discs, and have a little more breaking power than the standards. The fading I had with the old pads is still there, but it takes a LOT more heavy breaking to get them to fade.

Definately no complaints, and superb value.
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

159 1.9 Lusso

The closest I came was using a set on my old Porsche 968 and I actually thought they were pretty good, they survived and performed well on a couple of track days (which is more than could be said for the standard pads or EBC Green's)
I thought they worked well on the road and certainly handled everything I threw at them, a bit glassy from cold, good value for money. Do you plan to upgrade your brake fluid at the same time for maximum effect?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , ebc , pads , yellowstuff