Any views on Total Excellium ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 20-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: North Yorkshire
Any views on Total Excellium ?

Put some of the above in my 1.9TI and I can hoinestly say it's the only super fuel i've used where it does actually 'feel' better.

Here's the claims :-

Feel the benefits of TOTAL EXCELLIUM
TOTAL EXCELLIUM is our advanced fuel available in both Diesel and Unleaded.
We developed it specifically to perform for drivers every day and unlike other advanced fuels, TOTAL EXCELLIUM is for everyone – not just high performance cars or highly tuned engines.
When you choose to put TOTAL EXCELLIUM in your tank, we think you'll feel the benefits straight away
Increased fuel efficiency and engine performance
TOTAL EXCELLIUM increases your engines fuel economy so you'll travel further for longer.
Reduced emissions
We care about the environment – TOTAL EXCELLIUM can cut carbon dioxide emissions (the gas that adds to the greenhouse effect) by up to 5%*. It also reduces pollutants like carbon monoxide and black smoke by up to 25%.
Cleans and protects engines
Unique detergent molecules work in harmony with your engine, cleaning the most sensitive parts ensuring a smoother ride.
Reduced engine noise
TOTAL EXCELLIUM diesel reduces the noise inside and outside the vehicle by up to 37% when starting up the engine from cold.

At only 5p more than the standard rip-off diesel it may actually pay for itself if mpg is slightly better.

May stick with it for a while - defo quieter and smoother without a doubt.

Alfa TI & Giulietta 2.0 Veloce
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: -
Not tried it yet - will give it a blast Not many Total garages around here though
AO Member
I've used it when in France, but can't honestly say I noticed any improvements, but then my Alfa always seems to go better on the other side of the Channel. Probably mostly because of much less running around in traffic on overcrowded UK roads, it doesn't get all that many chances to stretch its legs at home. I always put any improvement in mpg down to that, and even then I can't coax it above 42 over an Excellium tankful.
When ever I fill up at a Total or Esso station the engine starts to juddder and run rough. I only use Shell and if I have to I use BP ( BP is good but expensive).

I don't think their premium liquide is a match for either shell or bp
What ever happened to Total/Elf/Fina's Aquazole.....?

That was meant to reduce emissions drastically.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

excellium , total , views