I picked up a 159 Ti Q4 3.2 V6 SW just last week, swapping for my old 156 2.4 JTD SW. first impressions;
1. thank god it's only got Ti written on it, not sure the boot's wide enough for the full name
2. Wonderful but Lazy (Top Gear's description of the 159 3.2 engine, distinct from teh GT / 156 plant, which is a different animal) is spot on I think. Pulls very well and can be driven sensibly, fun starts above 4k revs but hell never quite lets loose
3. Fuel consumption.
. Driving carefully I *may* squeeze 12l/100 from a tank of 80% motorway driving
4. Fit up and general build quality seems good, but then I'm comparing directly to an 8 year old 156 so perhaps my standards are questionable
5. Missing Bose Hifi sadly (2nd hand lease take-over so I got what came with it) given the opportunity i would definitely spring for this option.
6. If I have the cash at the end of the year, I may go for the Autodelta Compressore upgrade (350bhp supercharger). It can't make the fuel consumption worse than it already is (can it?) and is rumoured to really wake that lazy beast of an engine up
I am loving mine so far and need the space so a brera was never going to do it for me (considered the GT though). I'd say if you can stand the mileage, go for it, otherwise the 2.4 JTD is a great engine and much better (if far from class leading or even competitive) fuel consumption although they'll never quite banish that diesel plink