Old and crusty...! No thanks. Brera UV and leather dash / seat protection. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Boxing Old and crusty...! No thanks. Brera UV and leather dash / seat protection.

So I have done the internet rounds on various products that both protect the leather from UV as well as just kepp all the oils within the leather itself for lobger protection, yet what are your recommendations and what are the results?
Sponsored Links

ooops...my bad! Wrong section lol. Well thats a first and linked to this for more references: (Dashboard colour restorer / UV protection)Link
Well now that I'm here may as well ask. The reason I mentioned all this because there are obvious products out there some bad some good and some great yet, a friend of mine in the UAE mentioned that he used a series of 3 products that all worked in concert with one another for example:

First stage was a cleaner that did not contain any nasty and naff ingredients, in order to remove not only the dust but also any surface contaminents of a sorts - although nothing hard core. This cleaner was not too harsh, did not leave a chemical residue or stain and was not designed to be applied directly to the surface as such.
Second stage, he used some kind of or some form of balm that really allowed the natural finish of the leather to come out and really help it retain its oils without leaving any greasy residue or staining it in any way while giving a first stage UV protection. It also enabled the leather dash and seats to retain that unique and subtle smell without being overly strong.
The final Third stage was where he used some form of UV protectant that did not take out or remove the previous balm stage yet enhanced it with a stronger over coat as such.

As far as I can remember, he also had waiting period between each stage (?) of the process so that each layer can cure.

As to what there products are I have NO idea as its been a long while since having a leather dash and seats that I would consider "worthy of this attention". But for the life of me I cant remember nor can I ask my mate as he is well...busy of a sorts.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , crusty , dash , leather , protection , seat