Possible cause of squeaking Clutch Pedal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
Possible cause of squeaking Clutch Pedal

I know it's been reported on here many times that people have squeaking Clutch pedals. This is something that has never previously affected my car - until today.

I had to get the AA out earlier because my Clutch pedal dissappeared to the floor and stayed there (without disengaging drive). The nice man from the AA very quickly refitted the bar that connects the Clutch Master Cylinder to the clutch pedal assembly, which had come adrift. The connection is a ball and socket, and as he found, it has a two stage locking that holds it in place. Having pushed the ball and socket back together he thought he had fixed it - but then he found that by pressing it harder, it clicked and was then locked solidly in place. He and I both suspect that when my Master Cylinder was replaced by an Alfa Dealer who shall remain nameless, it wasn't pushed hard enough to lock it in place.

Thing is, I now have the infamous squeaking clutch pedal; which by deduction can only be coming from this joint where the bar from the Master Cylinder attaches to the pedal assembly. To be honest, I can live with the sqeak if it means it's not going to suddenly leave me clutchless again!

AA: 1; Alfa Dealer: 0
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Try taking it to Gonnella Brothers in Catford. They greased my one up and it's been perfect ever since. Saved my car from having a new clutch as recommended by an Alfa Dealer! However they (Pasquale) did say it was a common problem with the hindge bit (the black thing that has the spring) that keeps the pedal up. He even showed me one he changed recently!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

clutch , pedal , squeaking