Selling experiences - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 13-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Selling experiences

Hi all
Anyone sold a 159 recently? I am thinking about putting mine up for sale and just wondered how much interest others had received and did you get the price you wanted?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Ugly V8 Monster

I sold mine in the summer, so not that recently.

It didn't take long though, less than two weeks I think. I actually sold it an independent Alfa dealer, so the transaction was nice and easy.
County: Shropshire

Member car:

Iv`e been to several BCA auctions and been monitoring what they are going through at. I have only actually seen 2 going through in the last month, both at Measham and the first was a 55`2.2 lusso with 75k which fetched 6300 although it was on the tatty side. The second was a 57`2.4 lusso with 52k which went for a barmy 11700. Anything under 2 years old seem to be in closed sales only for the big boys to bid on. But despite the fact they are so popular at auction, they certainly dont seem to be selling that quickly in the autotrader, but then again i dont think anything is at the mo.
AO Member
I had my 2.2 ti up on Pistonheads for about 5 weeks.
20,000 miles, 2007/57
I had it up for 13,250 at first - one enquiry almost straight away from someone offering me 11k
Left it there for a week at that price - nothing.
Lowered to 12,950 (I think...), left it there for a while longer - nothing.

Then I think I went down to 12,450 or something like that after about a week I had an email from a dealer offering 11,750 which I agreed to and arranged for them to come pick the car up the next day first thing. Later that evening I had a call from another dealer who had wanted to offer me 12k but it was too late to contact the first garage

The dealer I sold it to had the car up for 14,200 straight away and it sold within a week.

The new owner is on here and in a PM said to me 'I wish I'd seen your advert, could've saved myself some money'

You can surmise from this that I did not have a warm fuzzy feeling from selling mine!
Graham P
I wanted yours

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

experiences , selling