heated wing mirror - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 24-02-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
heated wing mirror

Hi, I've had my 08 reg 159 diesel for 9 months and remain very happy with it. It's now covered 20,000 miles and fuel economy has improved a lot - on a run I get 45mpg quite easily.
Only one problem now: drivers side wing mirror does not demist. Is this a simple fuse job?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Ugly V8 Monster

If it's just the one it might have come disconnected behind the glass.
County: Essex
My 58 plate 159 1.9 (2 months in my possession) nearside mirror does not demist. I also had to return the car after 7 days because the drivers door would not lock. (PDI?). I discovered this by accident on day 2 when I went to the open the car and missed the keyfob button but still pulled the handle and the door opened. Alarm went off and I was a little bemused.

I will take the car back to the dealers for the mirror at some point but not worth a special journey.

Fuel consumption average 39mpg and have managed 45mpg on a long journey. Car has now done 14k.
mirror demister

My Breras is just two weeks old and I was back at Western Glasgow last week with the same problem and they are having to replace the whole mirror assembly they told me it is due to corrosion of the wiring and it is it a sealed unit.also the mirror housing comes unpainted so they have to get that painted too.To top it off one of their guys chipped the edge of the drivers door when he opened it against something.
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear
my 9 month old 09 159 ti just had the nearside mirror replaced for the same reason.
AO Member
hi just notice driver side mirror not heating, if i take this the mirror off (the glass) is the element in the gladd can be checked with a continuty meter?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

heated , mirror , wing