One of the great comments in the mango posts is mine. I agree with Tony and ALFA refusing to fix it really annoyed me but Im glad i stumped up the cash in the end. Anyway ive had it a good few months now and still happy with the decision. A few anwers to a few questions posed earlier:
1)Yes i told my insurance. You would probably never spot it but i didnt want to take the risk. For me it meant about an extra £50 on my annual premium but others on here have had a nasty shock!
2) The sound is still great , really does make the car feel all old school ALFA again - 10/10.
3) Tad more power and tad more responsive - dont expect miracles but you can tell the difference.
4) It has almost (80%)cured the hesitation - most days its totally gone but in recent cold spell I still had the odd bunny hop though not as bad as before.
5) Fule economy - now I can check it on a normal drive there is very little if any difference. 2.2 is a thristy engine and it still is.
6) Beware warranty issues - my local dealer still insisist that ARUK will use it as an excuse to walk away from a repair. Really annoying when you pay your cash to sort their issues
WAS worth it for me as car was just over 2 years old so seemed like a safe bet.
ALl in all then i would still recommend, most painful bit was the trip up to Mangos and waiting around but the trip back was all fun