Post Lease options - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 26-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

Spider 2.2 JTS

Post Lease options

Hi all,

I have a Spider that's now a year and a half old. I got this on lease through FGA (formerly Fiat finance). My lease is 3 years. I know there's still a year and a half to go but I'm starting to think about what my options are when this is up. has anyone got any experience with FGA and what they may offer. For example, could I but the car outright and what sort of price would they give me (based on the car being about 30k new). Also, would they let me finance the car? Will they not do anything and just ask for the car back? Just trying to gauge what they are like I guess, none of this is discussed in any of the paperwork.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Various VAG

Keith, near the end of the lease you should be able to request a price from them for the car, they'll need to know the mileage at this point (obviously). Then it's up to you if you give the car back or work out some finance somehow for buying the car. I'd got to a bank or loan company for this loan. As to the price they'd quote you, normally it would be a competative value for the car in terms of age and mileage ... no idea what that will mean in a 18mnths time tho.
AO Gold Member
With other lease companies, you get it for around auction money, I have bought before.

Sometimes its good value vs. spending money getting the car prepped for return.
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

My last lease was offered to me for 14500, which was over the odds by about a grand, I declined and went for another lease but googled my old cars reg and found it up for sale at a non alfa dealer for 12995 (presumably the dealers making a few quid off it - sold straight away as well), which i would have paid for it.
Seems a bit daft to sell/ auction it for a lot less than i would have paid for it and they could also have avoided collection fees etc. Very odd.
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
I've heard before lease companies don't give you a low price as what they really want is for you to not buy it and to take out a new lease with them on a new car. The few times I've asked about a price in the past I've always been disappointed at how high it was. I could have got a lower mileage higher spec car for the price.
AO Silver Member
County: Kent
I believe FGA leased vehicles go through Jet Auctions at the end of the term

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

lease , options , post