First Impressions 1.9 159Ti - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-01-10 Thread Starter
County: Essex
First Impressions 1.9 159Ti

I picked up my "new" Sep-08 159Ti from the main dealer on Wednesday, a few mis-understandings later, the main being wheel alignment settings, I was on my way home through the snowy lanes of Essex.

So, my first impressions are:-

A comfortable, quiet ride and less "bumpy" than expected considering the sports suspension set-up.

Blue&me. Set up my phone today and after one or two false starts, I uploaded my contacts and I was away. Made a couple of calls by mistake but we all try and use a new toy without reading the instructions, overall I'm impressed with this feature. Not used the USB yet.

Although I enjoy driving in snow conditions, it's the other idiots you need to look out for, I'm looking forward to seeing the end of the snow so that I can get a real impression of how well it goes.

A couple of issues which means it goes back to the Dealers next Wednesday. The drivers door will not lock when using the electronic key, so for now each time I use the old fashion key in the lock method. All other doors lock. This is one that concerns me a little since there is no visible indication that the doors are locked such as a pop up/pop down down button.

Whilst on central locking, the button in the centre consol also seems a bit haphazard. Having read the manual, it implies that the doors have to be shut for it to operate, I'm still testing this ready for next Wednesday's visit.

The drivers side wiper leaves a D shaped pattern on the righthand side sweep. When I mentioned this to the garage I was told to bend the wiper arm towards the screen, in effect increasing the pressure on the blade.

I'm disappointed that the car is having to be returned for work so soon, In my mind theses are items that should have been picked up when the car was prepared. However, I may be be completely unluckly in that it went wrong as I collected the car.

I've not been put off yet and it is a great looking car.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent
Welcome to AO Jac2; sounds like you've got your fair share of niggles. Hopefully as they're all fairly minor, the Dealer will sort them quickly. I'm sure you're going to love the car - especially once you can really start 'driving' it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159ti , impressions