40K Service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

40K Service

Just had my Bella in for a 40000 mile service..

I was surprised at the cost of the fuel filter €88 (euro +VAT), but had it done anyway, the car has been running fine. Even in this extreme cold, -8/9 the last few nights.. Brrr

A few problems I needed looking at under warranty were, the car horn, knocking from front suspension, and power steering fluid loss…

They discovered a leak from a seal in the pump, and are taking this up with Alfa Ireland, as the pump will have to be replaced. The horn is to be replaced, sounds really girly .
And they said they could not find any play in the front suspension, wishbone, top-arm etc..But will check it again…

There seem to be a few updates to the software as well….

The tyres are due to be replaced, but I have managed to get 23,000 miles from this set of Goodyear’s…I’m well happy with that..

Anyhow she’s running fine, getting about 43MPG average; And I’ve got a new toy to play with, a mini cam, that can be mounted on the bumper, or inside…So when I get a chance I’ll drive a few nice twisty bits locally…And post them on the Tube…

Happy New Year to all here…
Sponsored Links
Good stuff !! 23k from tyres is amazing ... be glad you not a Mito owner in this cold weather (just noticed the sticky in that forum) Enjoying my frankly boringly reliable Brera ....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

40k , service