Anyone dealt with Budgen Motors Shewsbury? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 03-01-10 Thread Starter
County: Monaghan

Member car:

BMW 328i

Anyone dealt with Budgen Motors Shewsbury?

I hope I haven't gone and stuck this in an inappropriate category but just wondering who out there has dealt with Budgen Motors in Shrewsbury and how you have found them?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
I hadn't even heard of them until this post!?

They seem to advertise themselves more strongly as Peugeot main dealers than Alfa...??

Google them and you'll see what I mean. With 20+ used cars in stock and a full compliment of new they must have a reasonably large pitch...

They look a similar set-up to Palmers.
AO Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

ex 159 2.4jtd SW

Hi, It is quite a new outfit (maybe 2 years?)

Sales side was very professional, no hard sell, helpful, long test drive, and a fair part ex offer. Unfortunately (for them!) I found the perfect car on delivery miles a couple of weeks later at Guest in Solihul. Have ordered some spares from them, again fine.

I will need to visit them in due course for service, so also interested if anyone as any experience of the service team.

Must be better than the cr*p Alfa dealer that used to be in Shrewsbury, and after they went the (nearly as bad!) one in Telford that I had to go to with my 147 - and then that disappeared! The 70 mile round trip to All Electric in Kiddy (I used to find them very good - again no longer an Alfa dealer) was one of the reasons I went Swedish for a few years!

AO Silver Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

GT 3.2V6

I have used them a lot, generally they are ok..... Andy seems pretty good (technician) but..... i have some outstanding issues with very little warranty and trying to get them to look at the faults seriously is getting harder, i appreciate there predicament as they dont get paid for diagnosis unless they find something and if you have intermittant issues like several of mine they dont want to do a lot which is frustrating when you read people who have had identical issues to me and had them resolved no problem.....

They changed EGR for second time before xmas and seems fine, but..... just before i set off on the 300 mile trip to the inlaws for christmas i checked fluid levels and found a inspection lamp under the bonnet sitting on top of the turbo sheild and my 2yr old found the large screwdriver that had been left in the passenger footwell!

Now i have creaking and cracking noise from steering inside of car now and not sure whether to take it there or to guests in willenhall....

Past 1999 - Grigio Chiaro, 156 2.0 T-Spark SP1 - 2007 - Strombolli 159 1.9JTDM LUSSO SW + Alfatune DPF Removal/Map --- Present 2005 - Strombolli GT 3.2 V6
AO Member
Had my Spider LE through them and found them fine on the sales side, as previous post said not pushy. Had issue with the folding hood (suprise, suprise) which they sorted out within a couple of days and no problems since. A minor paint defect (self inflicted) was put right by them at reasonable cost and I had the pleasure of a Mito whilst it was being done. Have just had the first service on the Spider carried out - fine, no issues. One thing I was impressed with was the competitive price they came up with for two 235 18" tyres which beat my local tyre dealer who I have always thought cheap. All in all, no bad experiences with them, a friendly family run business who are eager to please. Would recommend them and will purchase through them again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

budgen , dealt , motors , shewsbury