Help with buying decision please
I am thinking very seriously about buying my first Alfa Romeo and would be grateful for some help from anyone out there who can spare a few minutes. The car in question is an Alfa Red 159 Ti Sportwagon with the 2.4 diesel engine.
It was registered in December 2008 and has done 18000 miles. It is the standard Ti spec and also has a sunroof and a few other extras (I think). There is no ‘Blue and Me’ as far as I can tell.
I have a had a look and a drive and the decision is almost made, the final bit depends on what you all say about a few concerns I have so here goes.
1. The price is £19500, is this about right? If not then what is? Does anyone have any idea about depreciation, most of what I read says it is high so what can I expect to lose in the next year or two.
2. I have read a lot here about the tyre wear which I can live with but are there any other concerns about the 19 inch wheels?
3. There is some orange peel on one of the wings but it appears to be factory paint rather than a new wing, are paint blemishes the norm with these cars?
4. Having read a lot of posts I see that the dealer network can often leave a lot to be desired, does anyone have any experience with Meridien Milano in Bournemouth?
5. The interior is tan rather than black, will this affect resale?
That’s about it unless there is anything else you think I should be asking/looking for.
Thanks in advance and a Happy New Year to all.