Q4 rocks! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 21-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9jtdm

Q4 rocks!

I'm sure many of you are still braving this evening's weather induced gridlock nightmare... it took me 5 and a half hours to do 18 miles between Ealing and High Wycombe this evening.

The thing that really put a smile on my face however is the reaction from the locals as I turned into my ice and sleet ridden road (on a fairly steep gradient)! Lots of people ambling up the hill having abandoned their precious 3 series, Mercs etc at the bottom. Crawling slowly but confidently passed the pub in the Brera I could see the 'not a chance' looks on their faces - to be replaced with looks of exasperation that an Alfa Romeo of all cars would conquer where these ill adapted and overpowered RWD beasts had failed.

Absolutely priceless and worth the 5 hour trip alone!

In all seriousness - I was ambivilent toward the Q4 when I purchased it but it's definately come into it's own in the last week... the extra weight and thirst are entirely forgotten at this time!

Anyone else with similar tales from tonights precipititious shenanihans?
Sponsored Links
Chalk one up for the Q4!

No snow in Sydney to test it out but great for flying around bends on country roads in this part of the world.

Thanks for sharing.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
For a moment tonight, when I was wheel-spinning at tickover in 3rd gear with no accelerator on a slushy uphill, I did think "Wouldn't it be nice to have a Q4 right now"..

Got there in the end though
AO Member
County: Kent
Completely agree! My 159 Q4 has been superb in treacherous conditions. Think I was the only one who managed to get out of my road and back on Saturday. Trying to brake was a bit entertaining at times though!
AO Silver Member
AWESOME!!! Nice one mate.

I don't have Q4 but was pleased with the grip on the 2.2. The Brera/159 are very grippy cars, you can't fault them. So safe - great grip, minimal roll, good cornering (okay, suspension soft for some people's tastes), 7 air bags and 5 star EuroNCAP, 5mm steel, these cars are just what you want in crappy conditions.
AO Gold Member
County: Kent

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

Q4...new or old rules
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

nice result with the Brera.

Originally Posted by AlfaJack View Post
Q4...new or old rules
indeed it would be. hold on tight when the turbo spools up.

Awaiting Email Conf
County: Glasgow
I just purchased a 2007 159 3.2 Q4 during all the snow in Glasgow, the car has covered 24,000 miles and feels like a new car, no rattles or squeaks,nothing that gives it's age away, and as you say the 4 wheel drive deals well with all conditions, after only 500 miles I do feel I want to add some performance mods, can anyone advise on what is the best way to spend a 1,000 ish I was thinking perhaps exhaust and filters ? I would like to improve sound and consumption and a little more pull from 4/5th gear.
The thing I like most about the car is how little of them I see, I hope to have funds to buy the new model in 2012 which hopefully will have reduced Co2 and less company car tax
AO Platinum Member
County: Neath Port Talbot
Q4 on my 3.2 has been has been excellent in the snow

Ref performance improvements, a map & a free flow filter in the standard air box smartens things up nicely
AO Member
County: Vilnius
Q4 Rocks

Hi everyone,

Q4 is a real driving pleasure! In Lithuania we have every winter with snow and usually with quit slippery roads, but with my 159 2.4 Q4 diesel I smile every time when I driving in winter.
AO Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

Various Alfa's

ive notice the boys in there rwd bmw's and merc's have been struggling in the bad weather next to useless id say as the advert said power is nothing without control
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
Echo all the points made in this thread. The looks on drivers faces this year as I pulled round them and carried on successfully up the steepest of hills was priceless.

I admitted failure only one day this year, when the snow was actually above my wheels almost up to the bonnet, but still managed to turn round and make it home.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider