Pre-reg cars and servicing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 15-12-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

ex 159 2.4jtd SW

Pre-reg cars and servicing

Something by Trevgo in the cracklin’ dash thread got me thinking, but rather than hijack that thread, thought I’d post again.

Got my 159 in August (pre-reg Nov 08 on a 58 plate). PDI etc done (I think, without checking) Feb-ish 09. Car had only done 105 miles when I picked it up; it’s now on nearly 4k.

Technically (well actually!) it over a year since registration, but effectively has only had a little over 4 months use.

When’s the first service officially due?

I’ve had pre-reg cars before and always started the ‘service clock’ from when I bought it and started using it properly, taking account of the interval reminder. I tend to do just short of 1k miles per month, so for my last car (SAAB) it got its first service at 16k and 18 months after I bought it, but the car was probably getting close to 24 months since registration.

Never had any warranty issues (and boy did I test it with the SAAB!) – anyone had any probs with Alfa over this?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

cars , prereg , servicing