2006 2.2 JTS Fuel/Ignition Issues???
First time poster but have scanned for a while of other issues.
I have recently bought a 2006 159 2.2 Sportswagon with 80,000 Kilometres (50k miles) This issue is now really bothering me and I need some advice. The dealership do not seem to be too knowledgable about the issue. (it is an Alfa Dealership)
1. Car went in for some minor warranty work and I mentioned that the car does not start first attempt when cold. I was told this was normal for a 2.2 JTS but they would have a look anyway. Dealership called me back saying the car had fuel pressure problems with pressure ranging between 7 and 99 bar. Car was returned 10 days later with a 'Software Upgrade'. They needed advice from Italy about how to fix the issue hence the 10 day delay.
2. Next day, doing 120km/h, car lost power. It could hold 80kmh until I came to a hill. Pulled over and had it towed back to the dealership. Dealership confirmed they didnt know the issue and awaiting advice from Italy. 7 days later advised that a new fuel pressure regulator had arrived from Italy, was installed and had made no difference. 2 days after they called to question where I bought my fuel and what grade I was using (98ron from Caltex). That afternoon called me to say they had installed a new high pressure fuel pump. Requested approval to take the car for a long test drive. I gave the ok and picked up the car the following day.
3. Since the last repair, car has been a rough starter but nothing that warranted anymore than a mention at 90,000 service. It was smooth before the issue in point 2.
4. Last Thursday, I started it in the morning, it was mis-firing and making popping noises. This seemed to last for about 30 seconds. I took the car back on Friday. They said they could not do anything until the car was cold so they kept it over the weekend to do the diagnostic testing when cold on the Monday. They called me back on the Tuesday and advised they could not replicate the issue... Car returned Tuesday afternoon.
5. Wednesday morning (this morning) same old mis-fire and popping. I applied throttle and it was still mis-firing on 1 or 2 of the cylinders for about 30 seconds. Called the dealership and questioned weather the car was warm when they tested it. Guy in the office could not confirm if the car was moved by the 'Technicians' before testing so its going back again tomorrow afternoon so they can do the test with me present on Friday morning (they wont get my keys tomorrow night)
I have called another dealership and told them about the issue. They have suggested an ignition coil.
Any further advice will be so greatly appreciated. I honestly believe the dealership dont know the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or any suggestions you guys have.
Car has 2 weeks left on Warranty so desperate for a fix.