V6 real world fuel consumption - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -
2001 V6 Sportwagon gives 21mpg on the wife's daily school/work run.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent
GT.V6. Was struggling to better 23/4 over a tank with mixed use in the cold. Now generally 25mpg not going mad with occasional flurries. But got a surprise on a solo trip to a Speed Awareness course (!) it returned 27.7 on a 200 mile round trip - I had switched off the trip and enjoyed a nice day out. A/c not on. But its rubbish if caught in traffic - you can watch the numbers on the trip fall like a stone in minutes.
AO Member
County: Greater London
Average consumption for mine is around 20 mpg with mixed roads/traffic condition. I cannot really understand why the fuel consumption and CO2 level is so dismal at 273 g/km which put it at the the top of the tax band.

In comprasion, it's replacement - a BMW 335i M sport Touring Auto (Pre efficient dynamics - i.e. no stop starts), weighs the same, same year, has 50/78 more bhp/nm, 1.3s faster to 60, 235 g/km and 30 mpg average, just doesn't make sense.
AO Platinum Member
County: Neath Port Talbot
20mpg out of the last tank. Filled up at 300 miles. Mixtures of journeys but only 10% town driving, c60% A & B roads & 30% M Ways Inc some high three figure stuff. Pretty pleased with that
County: South Yorkshire
Spider 3.2 mpg

Just come back from France where we did 3227 miles in 15 days. Mix of motorway and local roads usually sticking to the speed limits (most of the time!). We got an average of 27.9 mpg altogether. I was a bit disappointed as I thought it would have been around low 30s or was I just dreaming.
Should have taken the GTQ2 diesel for better economy. Couldnt have got a burnt head with that though!

Its a 2005 916 Spider by the way.
Graham P
Originally Posted by davew View Post
My 159 3.2 seems to hover around the 20 - 21 mark. Mind you, that's includes a fair bit of town driving and once in the country lanes I don't drive with economy in mind....
Same as you
AO Member
OK, if we're still talking about it I can update;

I've got 15,000 km in mine (159 SW 3.2 Q4) now (got it at 35k km) on a mixture of fuels and have averaged around 12.5 l/100 (22.6 mpg) on a daily run which is 50% motorway and 50% city/urban A road. Mrs B can squeeze 11.5 (24.5 mpg) out of it, probably she could do better if I let her drive it more

I'm pretty much over the reduced range compared to my old 2.4 Jtd now (although tbh if I had the choice I would still have gone with the 2.4Jtd for the mileage I cover but there wasn't one on the shelf at the time and the thought of waiting through Alfa lead times made me shudder). sadly I get constant reminders of the increased fuel cost as I get a combined fuel statement monthly. I've learned to put them on the "for the accountant" pile unopened

Also, I have trialled it on 98 (for 10k km) and since then on 95 with no discernible difference in mileage or performance

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

consumption , fuel , real , world