with a flat
AO Silver Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
So as you can see from the above post my car went in this morning to John at Mangoletsi to be thoroughly checked over and all snags fixed from the poor handover issues i'd been left with from Palmers.
This is what John managed to get through in warp speed, so that he could then concentrate adding some enhancements afterwards:
- Fixed driverís side rear wheel arch liner has come loose and missing clips causing it to rub on the rear wheel and burn a hole right through.
- Replaced missing cable tie to roof mechanism above passenger side window.
- Adjusted and realigned the passenger door as it had a really bad wind and road noise. It sounded like the door wasn't shutting properly it was that loud.
- USB media player not working, saying ĎNo Media foundí when you try to play a USB stick. So the system was reset and then had a complete software update to include message reading and network name for the Blue tooth.
- Glove box rattles loudly even when empty. Adjusted and sorted.
- Loud rattle coming from behind the driverís seat area/rear window.
- 1 touch passenger window needed re-activating.
- Heated rear window only partially working?
- Brake squeal at low speed when slowing up.
- Golf ball sized piece of paint missing from front bumper surround.
- Rear number plate screw missing.
- Two...yes two missing locking wheel nuts!! I drove over 200 miles home before spotting these! So a new set was promptly fitted...
I have to say John is an absolute star!! He gave up his day off today to not only put right what another dealer should have done, but to also give it a complete examination and a clean bill of health! Now in my book that is priceless, and i've become an instant raving fan and a customer for life!
So once the all the problems were fixed the order of the day was:
- Eibach Pro springs
- Induction Kit
- Turbo mod
- AD Box
- Remove alarm activation beeps
So now Phase One is complete and we've got a sound platform to build on... Watch this space
I'll try and get some pics once i've had change to clean her, showing the new ride height etc...
It's better to burn out than fade away!
My Alfa Addiction so far:
Alfa Red 159ti 1750tbi SW / Stromoli 156 1.9 Sport / Blue 147 1.6 Twinnie / Alfa Red 159ti 1.9 / Carbonio 1.9 GT / Carbonio Spider 2.4 / Carbonio Brera 2.4 / Beige Alfa sud 1.5ti
Last edited by MikeyRules; 06-02-12 at 19:31.