What with all this Brera ranting lately?! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
I've had my Brera for over three years now and even yesterday morning a delivery man commented "gorgeous car mate". My daughter has had a Scirocco for almost six months and the best she has got is "wot is it?"

My wife had a TT Roadster before the Spider but is now a confirmed Alfisti converted by the constant attention and complimentary comments the Spider gets.

I know that's pathetically shallow but it's good enough for me.

PS I new what to expect with both cars before I bought them so was not dissapointed and both have been all but trouble free.
Sponsored Links
30,000 miles up now and the only serious issue I've had is that the coolant was a bit low. Dealer fixed it after a couple of visits; it's never happened again. I have had my gripes with the dealer and the car: I took it back with a list of small items I wanted them to look at, and they tackled none of them... but this is exactly what has happened to me with every main dealer of every marque I've ever owned. At least the Alfa guys are mildly entertaining!

Main thing is how it makes me feel. I absolutely love the style, look and presence of the car. Just saving up now to change it, hopefully for a TBi with 19's.
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Brera SV6

I have recently become a proud owner of a Brera S 3.2 V6 in carbonio black. Its been in the garage this week having repairs as some idiot reversed into me a few weeks ago - The replacement hire car (like for like) was a 09 black merc convertible CLK. IMO and everyone else who saw me in the merc was that the Brera wiped the floor with it.
The interior doesn't compare - the exterior - the merc was nice but the Brera is simply stunning. In terms of performance the merc was not as good as it was an auto and didn't have anything like the engine burble I'd come to love on mine, let alone the thrust. The most noticeable thing was highlighted by my son when he commented - "no one looks at this car dad" and he was right! No admiring glances or looks of stunned disbelief. Lastly I Know my Brera's thirsty but this merc need 34 to fill the tank from over halfway. That's worse than mine. I never get tired of hearing what a stunning car I have.
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Ex Brera 2.2JTS

I'll probably get shot down for saying this, but I'm much more likely to read posts regarding problems with the Brera, than those sickly posts written by new Brera owners proclaiming it to be the most amazing car in the world and that its far more beautiful than any woman on the planet etc etc.

Don't get me wrong I love my Brera, but the brutal truth is that once you've owned the car for a considerable period of time you begin to realise that its not as perfect as you first thought. Like any other car, there are problems, some bigger than others. I've been to my dealer many times with both minor niggles and one big issue, but luckliy for me my dealer has been great with any warranty work. I use this forum as a valuable resource to help me diagnose any problems, and without other people's experiences and criticisms the forum would not be a useful tool.

As this board is an open forum, I would like to hear any views and experiences of the car, from previous owners or present. It gives me an idea about what to look for if I suspect there is something wrong. Its been proven time and time again, that most issues are common and you can pretty much guarantee that somebody on this forum has experienced the same issue before. Indeed, if strong views from angry Brera owners hadn't been aired I would have been landed with a bill of almost 1000 to replace the steering rack on a car that has done less than 36000 miles. Thanks to this forum I became wary of the problem and got it fixed just inside the 3 year warranty. This is just an example.

I welcome other peoples' experiences, good and bad, and I'm interested to hear the reasonings behind switching to other marques. I may well do the same when I change next time. I have left the Alfa fold before, and found my way back. I would like something bigger next time and am thinking about a 5-series. I love the 159 but its not different enough to the Brera for me.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent here! My point is not everyone will be completely happy with their car, and it is their right to be able to share their experiences and point other owners in the right direction. I don't care whether they do or do not own an Alfa. If a previous owner has an issue with their car, and can point me in the right direction, saving me a lot of money, then I'm all for it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , ranting