USB Keys now not recognised-is there a reset for Blue and Me? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 29-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Glasgow
USB Keys now not recognised-is there a reset for Blue and Me?

Today my 159 has decided to not recognise any USB sticks in the USB port - is there a reset (other than fuse/disconnecting battery)?

I've tried USB sticks which worked fine before and are seen ok and play from several PC's - Stereo just doesn't register "Media Player" at all.
While I'm on the subject - should the arrow buttons on the stereo work to skip tracks etc when media player is working? or should it only be the steering wheel controls (yes, mine only skips etc from steering wheel, but buttons work fine for a CD)

Last edited by Withy; 29-10-09 at 21:41.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Steering wheel only works for Blue and me - not the stereo

Press the voice and say 'play' see what it does then, if not - yeah its the batter - the negative comes off without any tools and teh only thing you need to reset is the time and date.
AO Silver Member
County: Durham

Member car:

Citroen DS3

This happens regularly with my B&M.

I just tend to leave my iPod plugged in and eventually B&M decides to recognise it again, but it can be 'lost' for anything up to twenty four hours or so.
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1019
County: West Midlands
Sometimes my blue and me doesn't see the usb stick but if I take the stick out and then put it back in it works fine.
AO Member
County: Victoria

Member car:

Brera 1750Tbi Ti

I swear the menu system for the blue & me was developed by some geeks with no experience in it!!

When I enter to Settings -> Media Player -> Shuffle -> Off, I cannot then exit out one step above, and go to Loop -> Off ... without running through the whole 3 steps again!!! ie... there's no one directory up function; same applies to if I was choosing an album to play.. then clicked the wrong album to view; I cannot then go up to the list of albums!

Also, why does it once in awhile decide to put it on Loop - ON!?

Its definitely got a mind of its own!
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Agree with all the above. I have had all of them happen to me. I got a new phone yesterday and it paired okay. Today it decided not to. I keep having to remind myself that I did not buy an Alfa for all this new electrickary but I am getting really fed up with it. I think that's because, when it works, it's a great system.

The biggest problem I had until the phone wasn't recognised is that I cannot play anything but "play anything". i.e. when I want to listen to a particular album (whether using voice control or steering wheel buttons) I get a "No media found" message.
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Quite a common problem. It normally solves itself without doing a battery disconnect.
Try removing and replacing USB. If that fails start and stop the car a few times. (take key out of slot each time) Im guessing the system self re-sets as on both the 159 and the Mito its happened many times and it always self rights after a day or two.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

blue , keys , recognisedis , reset , usb