One mirror not folding? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
One mirror not folding?

Anyone had an issue with the power fold mirrors? A couple of times the driver's side mirror hasn't folded in automatically when locking the car (but the passenger one does). If I get back in the car, turn off the auto folding (press and hold the button on the door til it beeps), then turn it on again, it's all back to normal.

But it's done it twice now which makes me think there's in intermittent electrical fault somewhere... will get them to look at it when it goes in for its hood problem, but since it's intermittent it would be really handy to find someone with the same problem who's figured out what the cause is!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent
Didn't know there was an auto-fold facility - presumably only relevant to the Spider? Sorry Greg; that doesn't help much with your question!
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Spider 3.2 V6

The only thing I would suggest is to reset the folding option - I think to do that entails you keeping your finger on the mirror button till the beep, that would mean it wont fold on locking, so press it again to kind of activate the folding mirrors upon locking.

Thats the only thing I could think of. You could double check to see whether they both fold in when you press the mirror button because that would eliminate one of the causes im sure.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

folding , mirror