Well...after shadow reading this, I found myself queesy if only somewhat, yet have to agree with Alex on this one. Post faint asside, all the arguements for and against are dilemnas I can grasp well enough as I also have them for my car.
Yet I will never put any tow equipment on the Brera, I'd rather buy a Poop-box POS Auto-shifter to do the job.
This weekend I will be going DH MTBike riding and this is what will go in the back of the Brera with no probs and zero issues.
1) Foam padding on the inside floor when the Rr seats are folded down with a large plastic sheeting. Easy to put in and take out as well as protecting the interior VERY well.
2) 2 DH MTBikes with wheels off and seats off.
3) 1 10 person tent, base matting, 2 Large folding chairs, 1 outside bike stand, 1 long fold chair.
4) 2 coolers 1 large and the other medium as well as a medium sized MTB tool kit.
5) large pump
6) spare tyres x 4
7) 1 large MTBike bag with all my body gear protection, 2 helmets and all associated gear.
8) Onsen gear = Natural spring water spa, towel, bathroom gear, all spare clothing for 2 days.
9) Folding canopy tent for cover and shade.
10) 12 liters of water - in a box.
11) 2 people and snackies.
After all of this the car is loaded with some spare room for other smaller stuff, yet at the end of the day it does so with easy. Just have to be very carefull when loading and unloading. I also use another thin foam sheet that velcros onto the inner lip of the boot and folds down over the backside of the rump of the car so that if I lean in on it somewhat I dont have to worry about accidently scratching the Matt Titanium PJ.
But boats...well, thats another matter, no way a any boats going to force entry into the back of Bella, ha ha ha, its too tight of course she wont like it too much, especially if its a speed boat.
I think for the 159/ 156 or any of the sedans are more than fine with a tow bar/ball with the exceptions of the GT versions nevertheless, I would have to say that a 159 q4 q-tronic would be perfect if it was'nt for that POS Ausy petrol slurping v6.
[QUOTE=AlexT;2957097]...somebody call a doctor please, I'm about to faint...
Joking aside mate, you got your answer, hope it helps, but you must admit it's gonna be quite a disgraceful sight once installed..