OK. I've now had the car just over a month and what are my thoughts so far.
Well, in this time I've done just under 1000 miles and so far enjoying it. So, to summarise my likes/dislikes,
* It still looks great and YES I do still look back at it just before going indoors!
* I actually enjoyed WAXing her !! so my problem of not cleaning my car has been cured! How mad is that?
* Blue&Me is fantastic and the USB media ! How did I survive before?
* Economy. I did try to prepare myself but the economy is really crap. I can't get much over 26mpg during city driving... I have to do a long drive to make me feel better to get it upto the 40's
This is probably my biggest gripe!
* I've already had to go to the dealer for warranty issues (ALREADY!). Maybe I was lucky in my previous car having never had to for 8 years!. Got the following work booked in - New Rear Seat belt, Rear Seat adjustment, New rear door handle (chrome coming off!), and believe it or not a new clutch as the clutch peddle is really juddery (or however its spelt!). I actually was more concerned about a slight knocking when engaging the 2nd gear (like engine mount problem) but the technician didn't feel that. I will just keep monitoring it. The technician and service staff seem to be excellent so seems I'm one of those lucky ones having a good local dealership! So thats a major plus!
* Stone chipping. Of course I read lots on here about it but until I cleaned the car I didnt really believe how bad it could really be. Especially on the rear doors and wheel arches. Never experienced this before in a car. I've now put on some mud flaps to help prevent it.
* I'm always scared to leave it in any car park. I've never done so much walking since I'm tending to park her as far away as other cars as possible. Not too great now the weather has changed!
Anyway, thats my update so far. Will do another update once I've had my warranty work done. Lets hope it will be more positive without the dislikes!