Upsolute remap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 21-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tel Aviv (Gosh Dan)

Member car:

159 Tbi SW

Upsolute remap

Is anyone familiar with this remap for the 2.2?
Would it deal with the hesitation issue?
It is the only option for me as it is the only one available in Israel.
Thank you,
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kyyiv
To be honest there is no point of remapping small capacity atmospheric engines like 2.2 JTS.
Get a Autodelta compressor on it, then you will feel the difference.
AO Silver Member
Depends who's doing the remap! You can get some nice Torque gains out of the 2.2 on remap and it often cures the hesitation. Red Dot managed +14bhp on a stock 2.2.

To the original poster, I've never heard of an Upsolute remap but remaps are known to significantly reduce and often eradicate the hesitation in the 2.2.

My 2.2 has had no hesitation at all since I replaced the exhaust with stainless steel from the catalytic converter backwards. Other methods known to eradicate hesitation are replacement air induction. After either, you would want to remap the car after such a change ideally.

Question to ask the remapping company - are they applying a generic map or developing a specific map for your car? If they do not have a dyno (big set of rollers they put your car on to measure power/torque) then it's a generic remap. If that's the case, where did they get their remap from? Who developed it?

If it is a well known company like Red Dot, Auto Delta, AHM, that's good, but there is software around that lets any monkey put a map together - and you don't want that.

Brat Pack no.8
AO Member
County: Cheshire
I have no direct experience of the 2.2 remap by upsolute but I use them and have done for many years on a variety of cars including my current 1.9JTDM which was then mangoed on top! Upsolute have probably been going longer than most of the companies you have mentioned and are big in the US although the company is Austrian. The UK chap is Simon Coe who is a very nice bloke indeed and well worth dealing with. He did a Merc SL for my boss last week and has done all kinds of cars for friends and business colleagues. I came by them when I used to be into modding VW's when I was a lad!!!! No trying to say you should use them above the ones mentioned but they certainly are a credible software house. As a poster said earlier it won't make a massive difference on a N/A engine but smoother pickup and a keeness to rev should be apparant along with a 5% increase in power maybe.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

remap , upsolute