159 SW Ti.... lease 1.9 or 2.4 diesel with remap from Mangos?? Help!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 09-09-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire
159 SW Ti.... lease 1.9 or 2.4 diesel with remap from Mangos?? Help!!

Hi - wanting to lease a 159 SW Ti ...the new 1750TBi looks great but budget wise is too much for me to lease personally.

Now tossing up between leasing the 1.9 or 2.4 diesels from Mango's with their re-map, have searched alot here and there's alot of positive stuff for both woth the mod 3

Question is....is it worth paying the extra 100 odd a month to lease the 2.4 (with remap) than (the remapped) 1.9? Realistically with normal day to day driving is the performance gain so much more with the 2.4?

I'm kinda thinking its not 100 a month better but would love to hear any experinces of both re-maps (ideally test drive comparasons! Will need to drive both at some point I know...!).

Does anyone have any comparable figures for the 2? Ingear acceleration...0-60 times eyc?

many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Graham P
100 a month seems alot for an extra 60bhp in writing but you may feel differently once driven. I used to own a GT 1.9 JTDm remapped and it went pretty well but I see you have a 147 GTA so in comaprison the 1.9 will feel pretty sluggish (I also went from a GTA to the 1.9). You may only be satisfied by the modded 2.4

Alternitively you can swap your GTA for my modded 2.2 JTS

Last edited by Graham P; 09-09-09 at 10:57.
AO Member
County: Kent
I'm with Graham P; 100 a month is a lot of money (particularly if you multiply it out by the number of months you're leasing for). I've got a 2.4 (200) without remap and find it a superb car and engine - and would thoroughly recommend one.......but 100 a month extra takes a bit of swallowing.

I've not driven a 1.9 at all; but judging by other comments on here, you'll be more than happy with the power of a remapped 1.9, and have the benefit of the lighter engine for better weight distribution. What you can only get with the 2.4 is the wonderful soundtrack at full chat and the improved appearance of the twin exhausts. Ulti mately it was these two reasons that swung me to the 2.4; pretty sure I'd have gone with the 1.9 though if it was going to cost me an extra 2,400 (assuming 100/month over a 2 year lease).
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

I have a 2.4 (210 bhp) remapped, and it gives you a pleasure to drive it. Will be worth it to spend a 100 for a remap. C'mon don't get dusted easily..
AO Platinum Member
County: Neath Port Talbot
Perhaps hold out for the 1750TBi car Mangos have one to test.....
AO Member
County: Cheshire
I guess it all comes down to what your priorities are - I have a 2.4 and chose it not just because of the performance but because of the sound and better driveability, the 5 cylinder unit in the 2.4 sounds pretty good under load and kinda makes you feel like you're in a proper Alfa! Having owned a V6 GTV it was an easy decision for me, but again, all depends on your priorities! Either way you'll really enjoy the 159 in either guise!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , diesel , lease , mangos , remap