159Ti with 2.0 diesel transmission options - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-08-09 Thread Starter
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

159Ti soon

159Ti with 2.0 diesel transmission options

Hi everyone

New to the forum as I'm just considering a 159SW as my next car. Been looking around and the 159Ti is just the best looking car in its class - but then I guess you knew that already. Have just sold my 3-series, which was a great car, but BMW prices are ridiculous now to get a spec anywhere near that of the 159Ti.

I'm hoping someone on here will be ahead of the dealers with some info though. My engine preference the 2.0 diesel, but I would prefer to have an auto gearbox. Alfa are not listing the Qtronic auto box as an option with this engine yet, but I wondered if anyone know if there is one coming. I have heard rumors that the Fiat Group have developed a double clutch gearbox which would be great, but will it make its way into the 159 and when will it happen?

Hope someone has the answers, because the Alfa dealers don't!
Sponsored Links
My understanding is that the only auto box option on the 2 litre diesel will be the double-clutch version - but no news on availability yet. That would mean at least 6-9 months from now, and I doubt that any dealers have details or are able to take orders.
Even the Italian site is not listing a 2 litre auto - your choice at the moment is limited to 1.9 or 2.4 diesels.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159ti , diesel , options , transmission