159 and Nokia 6300 - multiple contacts per name - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

ex 159 2.4jtd SW

159 and Nokia 6300 - multiple contacts per name

Hi All,

Had this on ICE & Blue&Me for a while and no luck, so thought I'd give you folk a try!

First post after returning to the Alfa fold (first had a 147, then 4.5 yrs with a topless swede and now back where I belong in a 159SW!).

My nokia 6300 pairs up fine with the Blue&Me, but I only get one of the numbers per contact. I've trawled the web and the forum, no definite conclusions. Some things I've tried:

Contacts are all correctly organised in outlook and sync'd with the phone. All tagged office, mobile etc
I've tried deleting and re-pairing & reimporting the phone book
I've tried setting up the SyncML on the Nokia, as per the alfa website (whatever that does)
I ugraded the nokia firmware last night and no help there either

Unfortunately the phone doesn't let you 'push' contacts other than one at a time (no chance - more than 500!)

Anyone had more success with this phone and B&M, which otherwise seems to work OK?

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Not with that phone no, but certainly Blue and Me shouldn't be acting like this - should be pulling all contacts including multiple numbers per contact. I don't know why it's not doing that. It even worked first time with our first and second gen iphones.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 20-08-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

ex 159 2.4jtd SW

Solution found!

Well, with a bit of trial and error I worked out a way around my problem, based on what a few folk have had to do with iPhones. So should anyone have this problem again, here are a few steps.

1.Purchased a VCF (vCard) exporter ‘add-in’ for outlook (Sperry Software - Powerful Outlook Add-Ins) (~£15)
2.Exported all 750 of my contacts in one automated step to individual vcf cards
3.Cleared the phone book in the car
4.Paired my Bluetooth laptop with Blue&me (only so blue&me appears in ‘my Bluetooth places’)
5.With the phone connected to the car and the laptop on my knee, selected ‘add contacts’, then drag and drop all 750 vcf’s onto the ‘OBEX push object’ icon available when double clicking on the blue&me icon in my Bluetooth places on the PC.
6.This causes the phone to auto disconnect from Blue&me and the contacts start appearing 1 by 1! Took about 30 minutes for them all to transfer. Phone reconnects at the end.
7.Now whenever the nokia connects to the car, all 750 contacts are there with all their numbers and the ‘call mobile’ ‘call office’ functions work perfectly.

I assume I’m not on B&M 5.4, and this may have not been necessary if I was, but even though I use an ipod I’m not sure I want to upgrade and have to buy the £65 adapter, as it seems to work fine (minus playlists etc)

If only it had taken just those 7 simple steps to work it out!!
County: Victoria

Member car:

Crazed Nokia E71

New 159. Great Nokia E71. Blue & Me initially accepted the contacts and worked well. Over last 6 weeks, it's been throwing out the connection more regularly. Now I cannot connect. Blue & Me says "Sorry, no media found". Dealer says it's the phone, but I think it's the Blue & Me. Any ideas?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 6300 , contacts , multiple , nokia