I have had enough niggles with my Spider 2.4 to have considered dumping it back at the dealer and stopping the lease payments. Trouble is I enjoy driving it too much. How about you others?
1. Driver's seat which wobbles forwards and backwards - tips forward on braking. AR say they can't fix, the problem is the unusual position in which I use it!!!!!!
2. Currently the roof comes up with a "Temporary Hood Failure" about every second time of use during closing, generally as the roof cover (tonneau?) is closing. The roof cover has caught a couple of times on the edge of the boot lid and is bent there.
3. Fuel consumption (well documented in a separate thread) is nowhere near as good as my 156 2.4 got, despite having the same quoted CO2 figure. But mine is still better than many other owners'. I think the official testing was done with the particulates filter removed!
4. Blue & Me - I could write a book. Currently on my third replacement unit. It won't recognise album order of tracks, only plays them in alphabetical order. That is when it decides it can communicate with my iPod (it hasn't done for 4 weeks now). Frequently refuses to connect with my phone. Basically I think it is the Windows Mobile software at fault, but can't prove that.
5. Boot lid catches on bodywork when lifted and has scraped the paint off.
6. Slight coolant loss.
7. Rattly window on passenger side door when closing. 4 attempts to fix so far.
8. After 6 weeks from new the brain which controls side windows and roof went AWOL and left the roof stuck open. It rained of course. Thankfully not much.
9. Bouncy on bumpy roads when new but that has settled now the shockers are bedded in.
10. Low indicator on washer fluid doesn't work.
11. Mystery fault warning for engine management has come and gone a few times. Computer says no....
12. Occasional hesitation from engine when the DPF is doing its burn-off.
13. Ambient thermometer reads 2-3 degrees high which could be dangerously misleading when roads are icy.
That'll do for starters. I was hopeful of better build quality than my previous 156, but no. At least it has not actually broken down. Yet. Touching wood now. The 156 did twice, both times when the turbo hose blew. You should have seen the smoke.
AR's customer service have not been any help despite making the right noises. The dealer has genuinely made an effort on some of these but is not getting much support from AR.
I haven't mentioned tyres - some folk seem to have done much worse than I have on that - see separate thread. I haven't had any roof leaks either. Except when the damn thing sticks part open with its "Temporary Hood Failure".
What do you think?