Brera 3.2jts v6 purchase - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 22-07-09 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

Golf Mk3 VR6

Brera 3.2jts v6 purchase

Girlfriend has previously owned:

147 - 2.0 TS 2001
156 - 1.9 JTD 16v 2003

She now drives a BMW 118DSE and I own a mint VW Mk3 Golf VR6 (I use a motorbike most of the time). However, we both love the look of the carbon black BRERA 3.2JTS V6 and have seen a 2007 with only 10k on the clock at £17k??!! Hang on, this is a £30k car brand new? Would I be correct in suggesting that the dealer experience, build quality and general reliability are still well under par, hence the poor residuals?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Warwickshire
Poor residuals is more a sign of the times, generally speaking Alfa's are very well built now and compare well to the German Marques. The 3.2 is obviously going to take a hit as it's a petrol and doesn't do that great on the fuel, but in reality you don't buy a motor like that for it's fuel consumption.

Most dealers are getting better now and the guys on here can point you to the good ones.

Realistically as a £30k motor at £17k, the biggest proportion of the drop has now gone so if it's a motor you fancy and it looks good, give it a spin out!

You might just get a bargain and one of the most beautiful cars on the road.
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Sounds about right, Mango's have a 57 plate Brera 3.2 (not the 'S' though) for the same price with 12k on the clock, and they're said to be one of the more expensive dealers. I'm hoping to find a similar bargain in a few months time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

32jts , brera , purchase