Advice needed (159) before taking the plunge - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 14-07-09 Thread Starter
County: Worcestershire

Member car:

BMW 330 ci

Advice needed (159) before taking the plunge

Hello All,

Jeremy Clarkson said that you have had to have owned an Alfa before you can call yourself a petrol head, so here goes

Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 JTS Q4 Lusso 4dr

I am just about to take the plunge and trade in my BMW 330 ci for an 07 159 as above,

Any advice as to what I should look out for or insist on having ?

I also have a few questions ;

Does this car have xenons as standard ?

What is a visibility option ?

Does it have parking distance control ?

Many thanks in anticipation
Sponsored Links
1. Xenons have always been an option on UK cars (500 ish plus 215 for the washers)
2. Visibility option is auto-wipers, auto-lights and is standard on Lussos
3. Rear parking sensors as standard on Lusso spec. Front parking sensors with graphic display were an extra 200

You may want the Paddle shifters for the gears (100 option), folding rear seats (325), electric seats with memory (550), BOSE Stereo (590), and CD autochanger (295) - all prices based on what they would cost now to add to spec.

Note that the owner will have had to pay extra for Alfa Rosso (red) paint and you will probably feel better after all that spending, if they have stumped up the cash for 18 inch wheels as well.

Prices for 3.2's have slumped a lot because of the fuel consumption - see other threads - so they are remarkable buys right now. Brilliant car

Hope this helps
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.2JTS

If it had blue & me that's a very good thing - allows bluetooth connection to a mobile and steeringwheel control and display of ipod tracks/albums/genres etc. Works brilliantly.

I think all 07 lussos had rear parking sensors as standard - front sensors were an option.

Xenons were optional.

Not sure what the visibilty option was!
Oh yes forgot about the Blue and Me - that was only standard on Lussos from MY2008 I think.
AO Member
County: Kent
Check the very inside edge of the front tyres carefully - 159's wear them out due to Alfa's tracking set-up. It's quite difficult to check properly with the wheels straight because it really is the very edge. I was keeping an eye on mine because I knew they were low, but I still missed the fact that one of my fronts had worn through to the threads on the inside!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , advice , needed , plunge , taking