Treat those trims ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: North Yorkshire
Treat those trims !

When I 1st got my TI the one thing that let the whole car down was the quality window trims, for a stunning car it really was a shame they are of such poor quality – I even suggested on here a chrome trim would have been more appropriate, at least it wouldn’t have weathered but many disagreed. It seems even Alfa agree with me and the only cosmetic change on the new engined 159’s will be the new window trims !!

Anyway this weekend I thought it was time to do something about it and gave the entire glass trim a really good dose of turtle wax trim restorer, in the past I’ve used these products sparingly as they can look overdone but this time I wanted rid of the grey weathered plastic / rubber so really slapped it on….what a difference !!.....the car now has a decent glossy shine on the window trims and they no longer are an eyesore. I still believe the materials could and should have been higher quality but that said a good application of decent black restorer really seems to get into the trims and leave them looking far healthier.

Just one problem – how on earth do you avoid the overspray ? even trying to apply with a small sponge has left some silicone streaks on the paintwork next to the trim….ah well a small price to pay but any tips on application greatly received. !!

Alfa TI & Giulietta 2.0 Veloce
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lancashire
I would have thought masking tape is the best bet, but couldn't it be painted on? I'm sure you can get a liquid version but I might be wrong. It does annoy me after years of making cars manufacturers still often get the basics wrong, you would think they had it all sussed by now.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

treat , trims