Got my car back yesterday after the "full" respray...................but as seems to be the norm with most dealerships I have dealings with, a catalogue of faults, errors, incompleted items completely spoils the experience
I should be used to it by now, but ever the optomist, I always hope someone will get it right
A quick summary of issues -
1. Turns out it was never going to be a "full" respray, despite the dealers comment when it was booked in - spray was 'just' bonnet, wings, doors and one rear 3/4 i.e. most of car except bumpers - does this mean the dreaded paint fade issue will be a problem in future? (difference in age of paint and rate of fade etc..)
2. I asked for the front lower black mesh panel to be done while it was in (paint chiped/flaking off in lots of places), even if I had to pay a bit towards it - this wasn't done!
3. Two black plastic trim pieces at the rear edge of the bonnet/wing/windscreen junction had been taken off for spraying, then bodged up and glued back in place because the fixing clips had been broken off!
4. Interior was filthy - covered in all the dust etc accumulated in the paint shop - understandable, but why not cleaned before handing back.
All this was just left for me to spot and point out when collecting the car - why can't a service manager do an adequate inspection before telling the customer it's 'finishesd'
5. The worst off all is that since I returned home yesterday eve, both windows have malfunctioned, rendering the car unusable. The 'drop' mechaism seems to have failed, and the glass lowers some 2"-3" when doors opened. Clearly, the windows weren't fitted properly when replaced. - RUBBISH, RUBBISH, RUBBISH!!!!
Sorry to rant so much, but this sort of poor service just ruins the Alfa experience. The poorly performing dealers are lucky there are relatively few showrooms around, and enthusiasts (or is it mugs?) like me keep buying the cars with our hearts not heads regardless of the aftersales care. My car has been in quite a few times for warranty work (seat bases, temp sensor, alarm sensor etc. etc..) to dealers in the Yorkshire/Notts region and I've NEVER had it back without the work being incomplete, or other side issues being created!
Once again, sorry for the whinge. I do feel slightly better for venting!!