Used 159 purchase, car from Alfa UK - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Essex
My 1.9 JTDm Lusso Sportwagon is an 08 with Hertz on the V5 as previous keeper

When I test drove, I pointed out a couple of minor trim issue's which the dealer (AMC Chelmsford) rectified before I took delivery of

Also reset the toe in to 0 degree's and swopped the tyres off something else for me, these have now done 4000 miles and will need a new set in July

The only rattle I had turned out to be the auto dipping rear veiw mirror!

MPG is improving with miles and BP ultimate seems to help, now running at 43mpg and thats driven with "spirit"

Don't regret the purchase after 2 months
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 30 Old 04-07-09 Thread Starter
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Seat Leon Cupra

Just a quick update for those who are interested . . . .

Went to see the car this morning, the car was a 2008 plate and priced as such. But unfortunaley it was a 2007 spec car so therefore no blue&me.

As you may noticed by my posts in the ICE Blue&Me forums this is an important feature to me . . . .

As for the car itself it seemed in good nick, if it was infact a 2008 model I would have streched my budget and bought the car. But I wasn't prepared to pay 2008 money for a 2007 car!!

So the upshots is I had control my heart and walk away. . . . . so still looking.
AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire
my 159 saloon was an ex-Alfa/Hertz car - it was faultless after I had the windscreen creaking sorted.

my present 159 SW is an ex-dealership car that the parts manager drove - it needed some minor things sorting to get it right and there are one or two more things that need correcting too but overall it is fine. All the things that need to be done should have been sorted by a decent dealership before the car went out but were not! I won't ever use them again!
Just to add to the Rental story. I bought an Alfa UK car in early 08. Its a late 06 159 1.9 JTDM. Turned out to say Hertz on the v5. Car looked perfect. Inside and out. But them within the first 6 months i had it, the car was off the road for 6 weeks. Needed new glow plugs, new flywheel, new inlet manifold and then a new gearbox. Clearly, any future car I buy will be selected on the basis it has had nothing but private owners. Painful.
oh sorry. I forgot to mention a complete new cylinder head. Silly me.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , alfa , car , purchase