45000 KM service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 10-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Octavia vRS tsi

45000 KM service

Just had my Bella in for her 45000 KM service, nothing major to report other than...

Both of the Boot stays are being replaced, the plastic bit that connects to the ball joint broke in bitz, so one to watch out for, check yours for any cracking of the plastic around the steel clip...

Mirror Whistle is going to be sorted, Alfa have now a foam insert that stops it..

Aircon had logged a sensor fault, they cleaned it and made sure it fitted on tightly, if it comes up again they'll replace it. Aircon works properly now...

MPG to date has been hovering around 41-43, but not less than 40MPG, so I hope to see a slight improvement after this service. But I’m happy enough, it’s all about the drive

Tyre wear; much has been spoken about this subject, the very best I can get out of a set is about 16/17000 miles. Which I consider ok for a big car. Again folks buying should have tracking checked. So far mine have worn evenly.

Another factor in this is the tyre compound, if the tyres are a soft compound, they will wear quicker and grip better. With the Goodyear’s I have on grip and wear are good...

The looks, the drive, what can I say, exceptional…still get the looks when stopped in traffic…

Well the only down-side so far this year is the supplier of my car Lismard Autoworld in Portlaois has closed due to current economic climate. This is sad, as these folks were first class in both sales and after care. I will miss them.

Today she was serviced by Monaghan’s of Galway, and the service was very good, the service manager Tom checked the car from top to bottom. And went through a detailed service report with me. Outlining the parts & work they will be doing when they come in.
For now I’m off for a spin, my advice to you all is, always,always take the long way home, it’s more fun…

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider