Brera 3.2 Quick/shortshift kits? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-06-09 Thread Starter
County: Glasgow
Brera 3.2 Quick/shortshift kits?

Hi guys,

An alfa newbie so hope you guys don't mind sharing opinions here. I've done searches on this forum and others but not found any material.

I was out in a Brera 3.2 S today, absolutely loved it but there were a couple of concerns of varying importance, which may sway me handing over the cash :[

1. The gearchange in my opinion is very lengthy, in fact from all the prestige sports coupes I've tried it is probably the worst, the change is quite wobbly but takes ages to slot into place. I'm also comparing it to my current daily drive type-R ep3 which IMO has a good short snappy gearchange action. My question is does anyone produce a quickshift kit for the Brera 3.2? Or are there any existing Alfa kits that would be compatible?

2. The leather interior is very stylish and seems to be wel put together, however, the demo had some noticebale sqeeks coming from the glove compartment area. The type-r is good but not perfect, but sqeeks can drive you mad, so is the build quality generally good in the breras? And is this case an exception?

3. Does anyone have the Alfa supplied sat nav, is it ipod friendly? has anyone else done any in-dash sat nav installations? Has anyone had a retro fitted BOSE system?

4. The interior options list is quite poor, but why doesn't the Brera not feature heated seats as standard? Surely leather in the winter isn't good for the piles :[
I also like to drive with the windows open in all weather, especially if i want to hear that JTS 3.2 :]

5. Interior storage space is quite poor IMO, no cup holders or a place for even a bottle of water, or is there a hidden cubby hole that I missed?

BTW. They should have made the SV a standard S feature, I know I know not a sporting feature having weight up top, but it's such a nice feature.

thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Merseyside
Not sure about the brera issues but his will answer your sat nav issues, basically most people do not like the alfa unit
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

Brera 2.4

Hi and Welcome,

You could try the QTronic system for the gear change, not tried it myself but had a Selespeed which was great, despite the rep and was problem free.

I dont think they omitted the SV on the Brera S for weight reasons as the glass is still fitted. It is one of those things no one seems to understand.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , kits , quick or shortshift