Advice on which 159 to buy please.......
Ok guys n gals - I had a 1.9 Ti on order last October which I cancelled when business took a plunge in November. Bought a 2 year old Focus TDCi instead, which I HATE! Liked my last Focus, but 3 years with a Golfi GTi spoiled me.
Business is still poor, but I decided the Focus will go to my employee, and back to a 159 or poss Brera (Alfa offering amazing full maintainance contract hire). So your advice on the following would be much appreciated.
1) Found diesel hard to get used to after the GTi. I think I'd find the 1.9 159 too gutless, so may well suffer the poor mpg of the 2.2 petrol in exchange for refinement. Is the low rev hesitation still an issue, or has it been solved on new cars? What would be a realistic mpg expectation given mixed driving? I got 28 from the GTi and wouldn't to go much worse.
2) Some reviews said the 2.2 was buzzy at motorway speeds. Any views?
3) If not, then the 2.4 diesel - but again, what is a realistic mpg expectation? My 2.0 Focus only scrapes 40mpg. Would get hammered tax-wise.
4) I'm out of touch - what are the new engines that are in the pipeline, and when are they expected?
5) Could compromise and get a used 159, but not many 2.2s about, and worried about problems read about on here. There's a 3.2 V6 with 2K miles for £15.8K in Nottingham - please tell me not to!
It's all a bit rash given the climate, but I've come to the conclusion that life is too short!