Brera - warranty up, now the problems start ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Brera 2.4 JTD

Brera - warranty up, now the problems start !

My 2.4JTDM Brera has just gone out of warranty, and its as though the problems were on a timer ! I was tonking down the A1 when all of a sudden the ECU decides to completely shut down the car & flashes up the check engine light. I managed to free-wheel it to a layby after almost getting wiped out by an artic. So after a quick change of underwear I tried re-starting it but to no avail. After pulling the key out & restarting it fired up & I got the car home with the CEL still lit.
So I booked it in at my local dealers who checked it out & sure enough the EGR valve was the fault the diagnostics threw up. Not only that, the dealer refused to let me take the car as the steering rack was worn to the point where it could've popped out if I'd gone over a pothole & quite possibly killed me. How the hell could the steering rack be almost destroyed after 3 years ??
The dealer was really helpful & said they'd try approach ARUK to get them to contribute since it was only one month out of warranty. Has anyone else had any joy with a 'just out of warranty' issue ?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Re: Brera - warranty up, now the problems start !

Good luck JTN with ARUK.
I spent 9 weeks trying to get some help but nothing after having the car serviced for its 60K service on the 9th Jan, warranty ran out on the 20th Jan and then the water pump going on the 20th Feb, not event a month.

I could go on but not going to.

If you need any info on who to write to, if you need to, then PM me.

Hope you get it sorted with the dealer otherwise go and see Tony at Italautos in Chesterfield.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , problems , start , warranty