159 2.4 JTDM new owner - Few questions!
I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. Bought an 07 plate 159 SW about 10 days ago. Love it in many ways, but have a couple of niggles and a few questions I am hoping for some help with. I have searched the forum for a few others I have, but couldn't find the answer to this lot. Apologies in advance if they have been covered elsewhere!
(1) I have just come from a V8 Audi and the lag has caught me out a few times. I'm planning a remap from Red Dot, which I'm hoping will improve it a little. The lag does seem far worse than the 150BHP 1.9TDi Seat Leon I had a couple of years back. As it is an early 07 plate, what are the chances of me having EGR problems as mentioned elsewhere on this forum? Is this something the dealer can diagnose easily?
(2) It keeps reporting that the bonnet is open even though it is definitely locked. It seems the release mechanism is a bit gummed up and the switch is not returning. Is this a common problem? As it is still under warranty, I will get it checked out.
(3) If I unlock the car from the fob, I cannot open the boot from the fob immediately after. Has anyone else seen this and is it fixed in a software update?
(4) The volumetric alarm sensors are very sensitive and it has gone off a few times already. This is being sorted under warranty tomorrow. Out of curiosity, does this fix it or will it return?
(5) The stereo is a bit muffly. It is also quite loud on the lowest settings. If I turn the external volume down for the blue and me voice, the stereo is much quieter, but if I turn it up, it's a lot louder. Is this normal? Is there any easy way around it.
(6) The car still has just under a year left as a dealer warranty. I spoke to the Alfa service garage in Bristol who told me the dealer warranty needs to be transferred to my name at a cost of £27. Not only that, but it does not cover a number of areas that the 2 years covers, such as trim. In the warranty book, it clearly says that the third year dealer warranty covers everything that the 2 year manufacturer warranty does. Is he incorrect or is the warranty book incorrect?
On the plus side, I really love the car. Current mpg is a little disappointing, but much better than the V8. Even got a wave off a Ferrari Dino driver on the M4 the other day which took me by surprise!
Thanks in advance all!