VDC and Hill Holder warning lights (again!) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Gauteng
VDC and Hill Holder warning lights (again!)

i want to try and be as specific as possible with the local dealers. i dont think their mechanics are clued up. when i told them i wanted seatbelt reminder turned off, they said it could not be done! :-P its only i KNEW it could be done (from AO forums), that i kept pushing them until they checked and found they could do it!

I have read through the thread regarding the apparently common hicucp with VDC/HH warning, but could not find anything conclusive on whether its the "brake switch" or the "clutch switch".

do any of you guys who got this fixed happen to have a part number or something which i can give to local Alfa dealers ?

im getting both these warning lights on my 2.4 JTDm (auto). but they seem to come up randomly ,i.e. once when on an incline, once while parking, once while on motorway, etc. sometimes they go off after a while and dont come back, sometimes they go off and stay off for a hours.
Sponsored Links
County: Malopolskie

Member car:

Alfa 159

Re: VDC and Hill Holder warning lights (again!)

I've got the same problem in my 159 1.9JTDm. In the last 6 months I've had it few times - and than I've notticed that sometimes when I'm turning of break, break's lamps are still on, so I went to dealer - they change worn-out break's pedal sensor and after that everything is all right.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

hill , holder , lights , vdc , warning