Currently on my 6th trip to the dealer in as many months. Each time I ask them to look at top 3 list (not always noises) and they generally manage to fix one of the 3. I have had a couple of squeeks fixed, loose trim under drivers seat, mirror and the windscreen several times but despite all the tangible problems getting sorted the noises remain elusive and seem to be multiplying. At last count they were:
1) Windscreen (3rd attempt to sort)
2) Rear passenger window switch (Replaced but still rattles) Caused by hi fi speaker and now apparently unfixable?
3) Lower dashboard - seemingly caused by engine vibration
4) Drivers door, strange high pitched mettalic pinging sound. (elec windows make a weird cracking sound when closed so maybe connected?)
5) B Pillar - sounds like seat belt reel flapping around inside the pillar
6) roof lining or C pillar area. Thought it was passenger grab handle but appears fine?
At least the ones where I know the cause arent so bad. Its the ones that I dont know what causes them that really get under your skin as you think any minute now the drivers door will drop off as you drive down the road
(I'm too mechanically sympathetic to just ignore a cars complaints and if its making noise when it shouldnt it obviously aint right)