Its finally arrived!!!!!!
Two days ago I picked up my shiny new Black Brera S 2.2 from Mangoletsi, trading in my 06 Brera JTDM and all can say is WOW!
This is a different animal altogether, much better in terms of build quality, handling, performance and all round they have managed to make a superb car even better.
Couple of intial thoughts:
1) Moving from the diesel to petrol engine was a great decision, the car feels lighter, more agile, the power arrives more evenly and the gear change is much smoother.
2) The exhaust note on the Brera S is superb. It sounds far morer meatier that its 2.2ness should
3) You dont notice the skyview is missing after a while. It would have been a nice feature but you soon forget you had it.
4) The new seats are far more supportive. You sit 'in' them not 'on' them.
5) The suspension is very very firm, bordering on uncomfortable at times but im hoping this relaxes a bit as the car settles in.
6) Having no built in phone kit is inexcusable Alfa Romeo!!!
! My previous brera didnt have Blue and Me but did come with the early phone prep. I just cant fathom why this didnt. Has anyone tried the parrot system that uses the existing steering wheel controls instead of ruining the interior with a silly little screen?
7) The new Wheels are seriously cool, people comment on them just as much as the car itself!
8) The sales team at Mangoletsi were great. I arrived to pick up the car and it was under a red cover in the showroom. A great experiance.
All in all the car looks amazing, is better built and the only real downsides are the lack of a phone kit and the fact the ride can shake the fillings out of your teeth. But you soon forget all that when you let her rip on a strip of clear tarmac!