Greetings. I had my car serviced last week and its climate control/aircon/heating problem fixed with a new actuator. So, I was quite happy and about to fit a nice new shiny tail pipe when disaster strikes.
1) Battery warning light comes on, car drives normally. Consult service people who say "we don't usually have problems with Alfa batteries, they're pretty bullet-proof. Keep an eye on it and bring it in if you are worried."
2) Check battery which is showing black through the inspection window.
3) Start journey in evening and all hell breaks loose on the screen. All the warning lights you can imagine - ASR, ABS, Hill Holder, Air Bags, Engine. At one point lights go out but come back on after a few seconds. Get to where I'm going to pick some people up and car will not re-start.
4) Couple of hours later, re-start car with jump-leads and limp home. Most warning lights gone but "Have engine checked" on constantly with engine symbol.
5) Contact service guys and agree to take in car. Manage to start it although does not start with anything like the usual alacrity. On way to garage, have repeat performance of light show on the dash but then the dash dies - everything goes out, speedo and rev counter not working. Rev car and they come back.
6) Car now with garage.
Deeply disturbing and hoping that it's nothing that a nice new battery won't fix. Tell me I'm right!
Bought the car six months ago with 12k miles on clock and have done 6k trouble-free since. Now have fingers crossed that this can be fixed and is not the start of a saaaaga. Best regards,