Sensational / B-pillar woes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Vaud
Sensational / B-pillar woes

Well I've covered a couple of thousand miles in the 3.2Q4 Qtronic 159 here in Dubai and the car is absolutely sensational. I have loved all my Alfas (2 x 156's, 166 facelift, 159 2.4 and GT) but the big V6 is without comparison. Its a fantastic mix of power and beauty.

As GTLeigh advised me the q-tronic box is excellent and I think the ECU has learned my driving style and is not holding gears for too long now. The car is pretty quick although motors here are generally big V6s or Hemi-powered Septic Tank V8 garbage so I am not going to win many drag races......... I win hands down in style stakes.

Of course it wouldn't be an Alfa without the odd issue. I have a recurrent problem with a rattle in the b-pillar at above 120kph/70mph which is right in my ear. I've moved the front striker, silicon lubed the rubber seals had the b-pillar off so see if their is anything loose. Nothing! And of course I took it to the stealer and had their head technician sit in the back and of course no rattle!! So I thought, weight on the back seat.....

I had a good look tonight and I see under rear seat there is a capable on the near side (pax side in UK) which I believe may be handbrake? This is rattling against the plastic cover around seat so could be the issue. One thing I have learned with AR's is that rattles seldom come from where you think they do so its a matter of trial and error. If its not this I will be really snookered as its so annoying.

Last port of call will be to remove door panels to see if alarm cable has come away from it housing

Still this is a trivial matter. All is all the car is just awesome and I love it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

bpillar , sensational , woes