Thought I'd share my experiences with you all, embarrasing though they are to me
. Had my second broken foglight in 18 months - it cost me 80 quid last time to get the dealer to do it, so I though I'd have a go myself this time.
I tracked down a 159 foglight (same as the brera it turns out) on ebay for 25 quid new which arrived Friday - this is a pattern part but it seems to be good quality.
Come Saturday, I decided to fit it - I couldn't see any way to attack it from the front, so I figured it must be accessed from behind. So, front right wheel off and then remove the wheel arch liner to reveal the air filter blocking any access to the foglight
OK, I'll drop the belly pan - that MUST be the way
. I could see more of it but still couldn't get at it enough to be any use. Time was running out by this stage so, well ******ed off by now, I put it all back together. The only way I could see to do it was to remove the whole bumper - trust Alfa, bl00dy ridiculous!!!
The car was booked into the dealers this morning to have a misty rear light cluster replaced, so I thought I'd admit defeat and ask them to fit my foglight while the car was there. I ask the service manager if it's really necessary to remove the whole bumper to do the job. No, the little grill around the foglight un-clips I was told
. Sure enough, I got it home and changed the light myself in 10 minutes flat.
The lessons to be learnt from this are that the 159 and Brera foglights are the same, the Depo pattern copy part is absolutely fine and not to be such a d!ckhead and look for the compliacted way to do things in future.
Hope this helps someone else.